The AKSW team is very delighted to announce a new major release of our semantic data wiki OntoWiki. OntoWiki 0.9 is available from our download page. A screencast showing some new features is also available.
OntoWiki 0.9 Frontend Changes
- RDFa widget editing This feature separates the visualization of the RDF data in the browser
editing widgets which are sensible to the type and context of the edited data.
- Extension architecture with support for components, themes, datawrapper, translations and
generic plugins: Most of OntoWiki’s functionality is implemented as extensions now; thus keeping
the OntoWiki core very small.
- Authentication support for local sioc:Users, FOAF+SSL WebIDs and OpenIDs.
- Support for LinkedData both as server and consumer (see data gathering backend below).
- Translations in English, German and Chinese
OntoWiki 0.9 Backend Changes (Erfurt)
- Separation of the Semantic Web API Erfurt from the OntoWiki core
- Support for multiple SPARQL RDF stores: Implementations are available for Virtuoso and
ZendDB (i.e. MySQL); allowing installations with support for millions of triples.
- Pattern-based query cache: In order to improve the performance of Semantic Web applications, we
developed an approach for caching SPARQL query results and complete application objects, which
is sensitive to knowledge store updates.
- Data gathering: Support for plugable data gathering backends, e.g. for LinkedData gathering,
DataWrapper for Twitter and Musicbrainz or Exporter, e.g. for EXIF data
Selected extensions packed with OntoWiki 0.9
- FileManager: Upload / serve files and manage associated metadata.
- Community: Create comments and discuss resources.
- History / versioning: See last changes, browse history and rollback edits.
- Map extension: Visualize resources which have direct and indirect geo-attributes attached.